Soon, thanks to SIMEST, 41 Italian companies will expand into foreign markets and sell their products in 16 countries. In December 2017, the company that with SACE forms the export and internationalisation hub of the CDP Group, granted over 15 million euros to Italian companies for business operations in: Algeria, Bahrain, Bosnia Herzegovina, Cameron, China, South Korea, Arab Emirates, Japan, Morocco, Montenegro, Oman, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland and the United States. Among the companies supported:
- Metco Srl, based in Fiorano Modenese, thanks to 1.95 million euros granted by SIMEST, will potentiate its Chinese commercial branch, Jaxing Metco Ceramic Technology Co. Ltd – opened in 2008 – which will inaugurate a new office in the Guangdong region. Metco Srl operates in the ceramics sector and specialises in the production and sale of additives and colourants for ceramic materials and is a leader in the decoration of gres porcelain stoneware.
- Safet Spa, based in Turin, obtained funds to carry out a feasibility study to assess the viability of opening offices in Cameron. Safet sells technology products for the private and public construction sector, acting as an intermediary between producers and final users, i.e. firms and companies that operate in the construction and infrastructure sector. Safet Spa works for numerous large groups in the infrastructure sector. Its overseas activities are mainly in North Africa. As part of a wide plan to expand abroad, Safet is currently in the process of assessing the opportunities offered by a number of new countries, including Cameron, which has great margins of economic development and growth.
- Minipan Srl, based in Massa Lombarda (Ravenna), is a company that designs, manufactures and sells machines for the bakery sector; it obtained an equity increase loan of 400,000 euros, which it will use to strengthen its position on international markets, where it already operates thanks to an extensive distribution network. Minipan – also a client of SACE, which supported its development projects in Brazil – leads the market of automatic machines for bakery snacks and collaborates with some of the main international companies in the industry.
- Pavoncelli Ernesto e Figli Spa, based in Pescantina (Verona), chose SIMEST to fund its participation to the 2018 Seoul Food & Hotel fair trade, which will take place in May 2018, in Seoul. Salumificio Pavoncelli, founded in 1899, produces traditional regional charcuteries and Italian specialities, such as prosciutto cotto, seasonal cured meat products, roasts and stews. It boasts a 10,000 m2 production plant able to manage the demand of the Italian and foreign market.
- Fope Spa, based in Vicenza, thanks to two loans granted by SIMEST, will take part in the Baselworld trade show, in Basel, two trade fairs in Hong-Kong – International Jewellery Show 2018, in March, and Jewellery and Gem Fair 2018, in September – and three in the USA – JKC Las Vegas, in June, Centurion Arizona, in January 2018 and Centurion South Beach Miami, which will be held next October. Fope (Fabbrica Oreficeria Preziosi Esportazioni) is a prestigious and well-established jewellery company active worldwide. The in-house production of fine women’s jewellery is the company’s core business.
- Nuova Mondial Mec Srl, obtained 500,000 euros from SIMEST; it will use the funds to potentiate its position on the USA market – the second largest market in terms of turnover, after Italy – inaugurating a new branch in California. The company – also a client of SACE – with headquarters in Coriano (Rimini), produces machines to polish and process marble, granite and natural stone.
Contact details for the media:
Tel: +39 06 68635.777
SIMEST is part of the CDP Group, 76% controlled by SACE and invested in by leading Italian banks and business associations. SIMEST and SACE form the export and internationalization hub of the CDP Group, which offers all the financial instruments to support Italian companies interested in competing and expanding internationally. In particular, SIMEST supports companies throughout their entire international development process, providing soft loans for internationalisation, export credit support and equity investments.